- 本活動有一定體力要求，隊員必須具強健體魄。如患有任何心臟病、呼吸系統疾病 (如哮喘等)、脊骨損傷等，請先行向醫生諮詢有關身體狀況是否適合參與，以確保安全。如年齡超過70歲者，需提供醫生證明。
- 隊伍的完成時間以終點拍卡的時間為準。比賽限時兩小時，逾時將被扣分 (以每分鐘計算)。
Rules and Regulations
- Participants should be in good health. Please consult your doctor before enrollment if one has any illness such as heart disease, respiratory system disease (e.g. asthma) or bone injury, etc. For participant aged over 70 years old, please kindly provide certificate of consultation.
- Parent or Guardian’s endorsement is required for team members aged below 18.
- The minimum age of participants is 3 years old. Should any team member is below age of 3, please contact the Organizer before submitting the form.
- The Organizer reserves the rights to disqualify any participant from the event who provide incorrect personal information during enrollment.
Before the Race
- If there is absence of teammates before or during the race, the team is still allowed to participate in the game but will not be eligible for the awards.
- Teams should arrive at race venue at designated time to check-in. All team members should be present, with number cloth attached. Except for those who have officially reported to withdraw, the Organizer reserves the right to reject check-in for teams not showing up in full team.
- Participants are advised to wear clothing in blue tone. The Organizer encourages wearing “Hong Kong Water Race” official T-shirt in past years.
- Luggage storage service is not provided. Teams are reminded to be aware of personal belongings, and run at their own risk of loss.
- Teams should enter waiting area at designated time. Game map will be distributed when all team members check-in. Once receiving the map, all team members are not allowed to leave the waiting area.
During the Race
- In supporting environment protection and water conservation, participants should try their best to avoid any harmful or wasteful behavior to the environment and water during the event.
- All team members of participating team should depart from the kickoff Ceremony, show up at the checkpoint, and arrive at the finish point together.
- All team members must wear and show the number cloth during the race.
- Teams are not allowed to travel on any public and private transportation during the race, including bus, minibus, MTR and taxi.
- Records of team arriving at checkpoints will be based on the timestamp record in the system when teams tap the card. Timestamp will also be recorded manually on site. Please report to staff members on site if teams suspect any unsuccessful timestamp recording.
- Removal or damage of checkpoint devices and venue properties are prohibited. Violating teams shall undertake the obligation for indemnity.
- Participants should take a fair, honest and friendly attitude, and show respects towards other participants, staff members and residents in the race area.
- Participants do not have priority in road use, and are subject to road and pedestrian regulations, in order to protect personal and road users’ safety. Participants should take full responsibility of their own safety during the race.
After the Race
- Finishing time of teams will be determined by the time they taps the card at the finishing line. Time limit of the race is 2 hours. Scores will be deducted (in every minute) if teams cannot finish the game within the time limit.
- After tapping card at the finishing line, teams must send a member to tap the card again in the data processing booth and return the card as soon as possible (within 30 mintues after end of the race of that category), in order to confirm race results.
- Team results will be based on the paper sheets printed on site. Should there are any complaints concerning the result or timestamp record, the complaint must be made within 30 minutes after end of the race of that category.
- Teams must obey all rules and regulations set by the Organizer. The Organizer may request the participants to stop any behaviors or misconduct that may pose potential risks.
- Violation of the following items will lead to disqualification once confirmed.
- Providing incorrect personal information before the race
- Leaving the race venue after receiving map from the Organizer
- Disturbing or obstructing other participants
- Disturbing the order at checkpoints
- Removal or damage of checkpoint devices and venue properties
- Team members visiting checkpoints separately
- Travelling on public or private transportation during the race
- Not wearing and showing number cloth
- Not tapping card at the finishing line and in the data processing booth within 30 minutes after end of the race
- If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the Chinese and English version of the website, the Chinese version shall prevail.
- The Organizer reserves the rights of final decision on the arrangement of the race.